Gallery of Current Work

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Gift From Brittany

I have already had a bit of an adventure even before I have left. A couple of months ago my Husband bought me a book , a memoir about a young woman traveling to France to paint in the 60’s. She rehabilitated a group of buildings called La Salle in Brittany and developed a close friendship with a peasant woman in the town. My husband read it first and said he thought I would like it. I loved it. So much so that I contacted the author/artist Marjorie Price by email to tell her why it struck a cord for me. Much to my surprise I heard back from her almost immediately. She had just returned from visiting La Salle which is now a B&B. I almost feel I know her having read the book and she sounds wonderful. My husband and I hope to slip away for a weekend and stay at La Salle. What a complete adventure that will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment